A nursery bat box is designed for female bats to raise baby bats, called pups.
Pups are sensitive to temperature. The interior of this nursery house have 1 1/2" passage holes between the chambers allowing the pups to be moved by their mother to warmer or cooler locations as needed.
Our bat boxes are custom built to work optimally in your location. We use environmentally friendly materials and comply with Bat Conservation International standards of design.
3 Chamber Nursery Bat Box
- Dimensions: L 34" x W 18" x D 5 1/2"
- Weight: 30 lbs.
- Bat Capacity: 200-350
4 Chamber Nursery Bat Box
- Dimensions: L 34" x W 18" x D 6 3/4"
- Weight: 34 lbs.
- Bat Capacity: 250-450
Zone & Paint Color
The bat box color greatly affects whether or not bats will take up residency. Darker colors absorb more sunlight which will create hotter internal temperatures. Consult the map below to determine what color will work best for your location. If you are unsure which zone to choose, then please contact us and we can help!
Bat box paint color recommendations are based on the average daily high temperatures in July.
- Zone 1 (blue areas) less than 85˚ = Black paint color
- Zone 2 (green areas) 85˚-95˚ = Dark gray paint color
- Zone 3 (yellow areas) 95˚-100˚ = Medium gray paint color
- Zone 4 (light pink areas) 100˚+ = Light gray paint color
Chambers are partitions inside the bat box. These chambers give the bats a place to roost (space for bats to live). The higher number of chambers, the more space available, which can increase the number of bats that choose to reside inside the bat house.
Ventilation slots help reduce the internal temperature of the bat house. The ideal internal temperature is between 80° and 100° degrees Fahrenheit.
Bat houses in zones 2, 3, and 4 come with ventilation slots and holes as these regions have an average temperature in July of 85 degrees or more. Zone 1 does not come with ventilation slots do to it pertains to a cooler regions.
The number of slots we use are based on BCI recommendations. Please contact us if you want to modify the number of vents.
What Makes Our Bat Houses Unique
- Built to Bat Conservation International standards.
- Custom made to work optimally in your geographic location. If we notice anything off with your order we will contact you and make the appropriate adjustments.
- We use environmentally friendly materials such as nontoxic wood stain and local wood from pine trees already damaged in storms and natural disasters.
- 20 year roof shingles to prevent leakage from rain and snow.
- Chambers are 7/8 inches apart which offer bats an optimal place to roost while also deterring unwanted guests such as bees, hornets and squirrels.
- We use marine grade plastic netting (on the landing only) that will allow bats to land and take off safely without getting tangled.
- All joints are attached with 2" screws and sealed with exterior silicone caulk-glue to ensure a water and air tight seal.
Shipping & Returns
Since our products are hand-made and customized for you, the construction time will take approximately 3-5 business days. Shipping will take an additional 2-7 business days via UPS Ground. If you need your order expedited, please contact us and we'll see what we can do. We currently only ship to the continental United States.
You may return a product within 30 days of the delivery date as long as the product is in the original condition. The purchaser is responsible for the return shipping cost.