- Outside Dimensions: H8¼" x W10" x D9"
- Inside Dimensions: H5½" x W4¼" x D5¼"
- Weight: 2 lbs.
- Entrance Hole from Bottom: 4¾"
- Hinged roof makes for easy clean-out.
- Shingled roof with a rubber center is designed protect the hinge while keeping the roof from leaking and rotting.
- A 1¾" roof overhang helps keep the inside dry.
- Plastic landing perch (2¼" x 1¾") under the entrance way is approved by the NH Audubon and allows a larger landing area while keeping squirrels and other pests out.
- Water-based wood stain penetrates the wood and is less likely to peel, as opposed to latex paint which will crackle or blister over time posing a health risk to birds as they may eat the paint chips.
- Each bird house is vented with a ½" hole at the back and ½" vent drain hole at bottom.
- Bird house can be hung with two eye hook screws(included) or mounted.
- Includes two eye hook screws and mounting instructions.
The wren house should be placed 6 to 10 feet above ground.
Entrance Hole Size
The Bewick's Wren and the House Wren prefer an entrance hole that is 1" in diameter. The Carolina Wren prefers an entrance hole of 1⅛" in diameter. The Winter Wren can use any hole between 1" and 2½".
There are many other birds in America that also enjoy using this size bird house. The size of the entrance hole designates which birds will use the bird house. Please consult this information sheet for details on which birds will use which hole size.
This wren house is hand-made, top notch and will last for years to come.
Can't wait until my wren returns and finds this great bird house for her nest.
It is beautifully crafted and well constructed with easy access for cleaning.
Thank you for a wonderful product.