Give bats a home while keeping them out of your own!
Our small bat house is a great starter box. It is light-weight, easy to mount, and perfect for homeowners.
Our bat houses are custom built to work optimally in your location. We use environmentally friendly materials and comply with Bat Conservation International standards of design.
Why get a bat house?
Bats need your help! Unfortunately, many of the 1,300 bat species in the world are considered to be threatened and declining. One cause is habitat loss and degradation. A bat house provides a safe place for bats to live and raise their young during the warmer months before hibernation.
Bats are important to the ecosystem. A single brown bat is known to eat more than 1000 insects in a night, making them great for flying insect control (especially mosquitoes!).
Additionally, bat guano (feces) is an excellent fertilizer, making it a great addition to your yard and garden.
2 Chamber Small Bat House
- Dimensions: L 25.5" x W 11.5" x D 4"
- Weight: 14.5 lbs.
- Bat Capacity: 50-75
3 Chamber Small Bat House
- Dimensions: L 25.5" x W 11.5" x D 6"
- Weight: 16.5 lbs.
- Bat Capacity: 75-110
4 Chamber Small Bat House
- Dimensions: L 25.5" x W 11.5" x D 7.25"
- Weight: 17.5 lbs.
- Bat Capacity: 100-150
Zone & Paint Color
The bat house color greatly affects whether or not bats will take up residency. Darker colors absorb more sunlight which will create hotter internal temperatures. Consult the map below to figure out what color will work best for your location. If you are unsure which zone to choose, then please contact us and we can help!
Bat house paint color recommendations are based on the average daily high temperatures in July.
- Zone 1 (blue areas) less than 85˚ = Black paint color
- Zone 2 (green areas) 85˚-95˚ = Dark gray paint color
- Zone 3 (yellow areas) 95˚-100˚ = Medium gray paint color
- Zone 4 (light pink areas) 100˚+ = Light gray paint color
Chambers are partitions inside the bat house. These chambers give the bats a place to roost (space for bats to live). The higher number of chambers, the more space available, which can increase the number of bats that choose to reside inside the bat house.
Our small bat houses do not come standard with ventilation slots. BCI recommends vents for bat house built to BCI standard size or larger. If you need to change this for whatever reason, please contact us with your order number.
What Makes Our Bat Houses Unique
- Built to Bat Conservation International standards.
- Custom made to work optimally in your geographic location. If we notice anything off with your order we will contact you and make the appropriate adjustments.
- We use environmentally friendly materials such as nontoxic wood stain and local wood from pine trees already damaged in storms and natural disasters.
- 20 year roof shingles to prevent leakage from rain and snow.
- Chambers are 7/8 inches apart which offer bats an optimal place to roost while also deterring unwanted guests such as bees, hornets and squirrels.
- We use marine grade plastic netting (on the landing only) that will allow bats to land and take off safely without getting tangled.
- All joints are sealed with exterior silicone caulk-glue to ensure a water and air tight seal.
Shipping & Returns
Since our products are hand-made and customized for you, the construction time will take approximately 3-5 business days. Shipping will take an additional 2-7 business days via UPS Ground. If you need your order expedited, please contact us and we'll see what we can do. We currently only ship to the continental United States.
You may return a product within 30 days of the delivery date as long as the product is in the original condition. The purchaser is responsible for the return shipping cost.
Well made, and the best customer service. I think I was on the phone learning which box was right for me for probably 25 minutes, and I was immediately reassured from the answers I received. One thing that concerned me was the screws digging too far into the pre-drilled hole to attach to my shed. I added a washer just for my own peace of mind. I doubt it needed it, but you never know.
Will definitely look forward to bats gnawing down these dreaded mosquitoes!
Our bat house came quickly and is sturdy and well made. Waiting for the bats to transfer over to it from our barn!
looks great and shipped fast!
The bat house looks great and well made. Delivery was timely and the product was packed well in the package.